Just got an update from Lyft. Seems they have heard our cries and have responded with some improvements for drivers.
- Easier to see current bonus opportunities. Some bonuses are offered weekly and some just pop up from time to time.
- Easier to see hourly demand predictions so you can go where the action is.
- Passengers can now give tips from the beginning of the ride! Much better than when they are wrestling with their bags at the airport.
- There is also a new option to tip automatically after every ride. Thank you!!
- Lyft is helping us out when something beyond our control affects our ratings.
- They will drop the lowest rating from our average.
- They will remove low ratings for things out of our control. (I wonder if that includes when Waze and Google Maps use wacky routes. Oof.)
- And . . . if a passenger forgets to rate you . . . it’s automagically FIVE STARS!
As far as side hustles go, Lyft continues to be a great option for earning an extra $1000 per month. (Note! I don’t drive at night. ) Flip it on when you want to drive, flip it off when you don’t. Even on days when I don’t intend to drive much, I will still flip into “destination” mode and get paid to drive to wherever I was going anyway.
If you are interested in giving Lyft a try as a side hustle, click here! Yes, it’s a referral link – another way to earn.
Becoming a Lyft passenger for the first time? Here’s $5 off on each of your first three rides.
Already drive but looking to upgrade your pax experience and earn a little more? Check out Cargo!